*All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only.
WHAT IS EWB EMS FITNESS?
EWB EMS Fitness is a wellness device that eliminates visceral fat and subcutaneous fat. It simulates strenuous physical exercise yet does so without any additional effort from the user – allowing contraction in large groups of coordinated muscles for several seconds, utilizing unique complex waveforms that send signals to superficial layers of the body. These signals target superficial muscle strengthening, superficial fat burning, cellulite reduction and skin toning.
EWB EMS FITNESS TECHNOLOGY vs ELECTRONIC MUSCLE STIMULATOR (EMS)
An advanced technological marvel developed in London University by Gerald Pollock, co-inventor of the first pacemaker, together with Prof. Donald Gilbert, EWB EMS Fitness provides enhanced contraction of muscles, mimicking intensive physical activity for 8 seconds. The contraction is experienced by the entire body including the abdomen, buttocks, arms, legs, and chest, as if one is exercising on several gym equipment simultaneously. This benefits the body by offering sustainable visceral and subcutaneous fat reduction as well as boosting overall fitness.
EWB EMS Fitness differs from Electronic Muscle Stimulators (EMS) by targeting motor nerve cells under the pads, where it is applied, acting like a resounding echo. The central nervous system in the brain is involved in this process; the waves are transmitted from the motor nerve cells to the brain, which then releases hormones that favor the burning of subcutaneous and viscera fat, simultaneously giving the body an adequate amount of energy to strengthen muscle. Clinical evidence shows that EWB EMS Fitness diminishes visceral fat on a deeper level and alleviates fatty liver.
EMS, on the other hand, is a therapeutic neuromuscular electrical stimulator that uses electrical currents in the form of electrical pulses that is directly sent to the skin, stimulating motor neurons that release neurotransmitters to muscles receptors, triggering contraction. It is a process that does not involve the brain, usually leading to a series of mini reflexes. It is deemed as a good way to trigger muscles so as to prevent muscle atrophy (muscle wasting). However, EMS is a symptomatic therapy for temporary results in muscle stimulation – the results are usually not significant enough to increase muscle mass or reduce fat.
Although both devices give the benefit of increasing circulation of blood, EWB EMS Fitness edges out by its ability, backed by microscopic studies, to separate red blood cells (RBCs) and reduce bacteria and cholesterol in the blood. This supports the natural detoxification metabolism in the body, with the surplus advantage of strengthening the body’s immune system.
EWB EMS FITNESS AS A TOOL FOR HEALTH PRACTITIONERS
EWB EMS Fitness’s advantages and benefits in providing patients with an easy and convenient way of working out and body sculpting cannot be ignored. Nutritionists or doctors can now recommend this treatment alongside personalized health or dietary prescriptions for an improved overall body composition, depending on the needs of the individuals consulted.
Why is it important to eliminate visceral fat (fat around our abdominal organs) and subcutaneous fat (fat stored under the skin)? Visceral fat can be high even when the person has a flat tummy, which is the hallmark of increased LDL Cholesterol
(bad cholesterol) in the blood. Health risks associated with high amounts of visceral fat include diabetes and heart disease. Spot reduction of visceral fat is almost impossible with only physical activity, as it also requires one to have a well-balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. This is where EWB EMS Fitness comes in, as a therapy that benefits slimming programs offered by wellness centers, with possible advantages include increasing the metabolism of the body, maintaining hormonal balance, boosting libido, and detoxification. It is important to note that both visceral fat and subcutaneous fat are targeted by EWB EMS Fitness.
EWB EMS Fitness allows health practitioners to help those who are unable to perform intensive exercises yet is required to lose weight due to their physical conditions such as the elderly, disabled individuals, post-partum mothers and those with joint-related problems. Healthy individuals who desire to improve their overall body composition by reducing visceral fat and subcutaneous fat can also benefit from using EWB EMS Fitness. It is deemed as safe and with minimal endangering side-effects.
- This treatment should not be used on patients with cardiac demand pacemakers.
- Do not apply over carotid sinus nerves, particularly in patients with known sensitivity to the carotid sinus reflex.
- Do not apply over neck/mouth – severe spasm of the laryngeal and pharyngeal muscles may occur. The contractions may be strong enough to close the airway and cause breathing dificulty.
- Do not apply transthoracically – the introduction of electrical current into the heart may cause cardiac arrhythmias.
- Do not apply transcerebrally.
- Do not apply over swollen, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins).
- Do not apply over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
- Use during pregnancy has not been established.
- Caution should be used for patients with suspected/diagnosed heart problems.
- Caution should be used for patients with suspected/diagnosed epilepsy.
- Caution should be used in the presence of the following:
- Tendency to haemorrhage following acute trauma/fatigue.
- Following recent surgical procedures, where muscle contraction may disrupt the healing process.
- Over the menstruating/pregnant uterus.
- Over areas of skin lacking normal sensation.
- Some may experience skin irritation/hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation/electrical conductive medium. The irritation can generally be reduced by using an alternate conductive medium, or alternate electrode placement.
- Electrode placement and stimulation settings should be based on the guidance of the prescribing practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Should be used only with the leads and electrodes recommended for use by the manufacturer.
- Skin irritation and burns beneath the electrodes have been reported with the use of powered muscle stimulators.